Leadership is provided by a Board of Trustees :
- Luke Aidger Patterson, (Co-chair) Peoples’ Justice for Community Control & Police Accountability, a multidisciplinary artist and a 2011/12 grantee.
- Nathalie Meza Contreras, (Co-Chair) Peoples College of Law, 2007/08, 2015/16 grantee
- Laura McSpedon (Treasurer) 1999 grantee.
- Walter L. Putter (Secretary), ArtRage Gallery
- Matthew Birkhold, PhD., 2012/13 grantee, Visionary Organizing Lab
- Kai M. Green, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Williams College, 2013/14 grantee.
- Carol J. Kraemer, Director
- Beth Rose Middleton Manning, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Graduate Adviser, Dept. of Native American Studies, Yocha Dehe Endowed Chair in California Indian Studies, Director, Environmental Justice Project, University of California, Davis
- Rachel Stocking, Ph.D., Dept of History, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- Gina Velasco, Ph.D., (Co-chair) – Assistant Professor, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Gettysburg College and a 2007/08 grantee.
- JM Wong – PARISOL (Pacific Rim Solidarity Network), 2012/13 grantee.
- Megan Ybarra, Assistant Professor of Geography, University of Washington and Northwest Detention Center Resistance (NWDCR)
In addition, the Fund is supported by a number of Sponsors:
- Huwaida Arraf, Grantee 2005-2007
- Margaret Burnham, Grantee 1967/68
- Mina D. Caulfield (Founder)
- Noam Chomsky
- Johnnetta B. Cole
- Angela Y. Davis
- C. Quentin Davis (Founder)
- Chandler Davis (Founder)
- Terry Davis (Founder)
- James A. Donaldson, Ph.D.
- Ed Dubinsky
- Lennox S. Hinds
- Nancy J. Hodes
- Robin D. G. Kelley
- Mel King
- Richard C. Lewontin
- Jill Nelson, Grantee 1979/80
- Jan Phillips, Grantee 1971/72
- Barbara Ransby
- Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Paul Schachter, Grantee 1970/71
- Andres Torres, Grantee 1980- 1982
- Mary Helen Washington
Carol J. Kraemer, Director